To give less than one’s best is to sacrifice the gift.
Designer | Visual, UI/UX, Product
Product Owner/Interaction Designer
P97 / / May 2018 – July 2019
- Recognized the existing design pattern and structure and worked with developers to build out missing functionality of existing web application.
- Expanded the existing design system to accommodate more complex information that was required for additional features.
- Evaluated the existing portal and developed a plan to update the accessibility issues to create a better product experience.
- Operated within an Agile environment and participated in scrum/waterfall process to write user oriented stories for developers.
- Facilitated integration with third party vendors to provide functional security features to the product.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation / / January 2014 – April 2014
- Focused on brainstorming and developing the direction for an immunization system (paper and tablet app) for infants in third world countries.
- Researched materials and delivery methods for individuals to protect their record information as well as a mobile records database for areas without connectivity.
- Finished Top 40 in the global contest with over 300 teams.
Origin, Inc. / / May 2014 – April 2018
- Created brand systems and print materials for clients such as annual reports, catalogs, ads, newsletters, promotional products and other physical production based assets.
- Conceptual development of websites along with client site maintenance in areas for Fortune 500 companies and smaller B2C sites using WordPress, HTML and CSS.
- On the fly office coordinator, information technology and production assistant for troubleshooting on site issues such as printer configuration, networking issues, technology recommendations or simply lending a hand anywhere in a collaborative work environment.
EGMN / / June 2011 – May 2014
- Worked with students to build a video department complete with video standards and brands to encourage their personal and professional development.
- Educated students on how to use InDesign while laying out The Venture newspaper, a staple newspaper publication of EGMN.
- Developed internal facing documents to educate new students, student leaders and alumni about EGMN history and efficient work processes dealing with multiple factions of the organization.
- Developed on boarding portal to assist students and get them up to speed about organization history, documents and initiatives and prevent organization atrophy.
University of Houston
Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Communications, May 2014
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
Sketch, InVision, Jira, Confluence, RoadMunk, Slack, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere, Mac, HTML + CSS, WordPress,
References available upon request, thank you.